Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bihar Assembly Elections 2010 Results

The verdict is out. Nitish Kumar, along with the BJP, scored a landslide victory. They took 206 of the available 243 seats. A phenomenal 85% ! Amazing.
The Bihar electorate, including the illiterate amongst it, has understood that Lalu's caste politics will not cut ice anymore. I agree with Nitish Kumar when he says that this victory, more than anything else, is a victory for the people of Bihar.

I hope these elections are a precursor for the assembly elections coming up elsewhere in the country too (TN for instance). I hope these elections will be a trend setter.
I'd earlier said that these elections will be a barometer to the maturity levels of Bihar's electorate. I'm glad they have come out with flying colours.

No comments: